<$BlogRSDURL$>
JMBzine - Temporary Blog
Thursday, November 25, 2004
 
The last few days have been a bit frustrating at least as far online stuff goes because it seems that hackers have had a field day with many of my friends (and myself).

To begin with Vagrantweb was attacked with a rootkit attack that wreaked major havok on their server which hosts VagrantCafe (a long standing online community) and also lots of their clients' websites (including JMBzine and OKIMC.org

Then today I find out that another website has been taken out by the hackers HMMagazine.com (an indie rock mag put out by an old friend from Austin who now lives in Washington state)

All in all, I think these attacks are low and particularly evil because what these folks are doing is infringing on free speech rights. These websites are mostly either personal websites or small businesses owned by sole proprietors and partnerships. I know my friends at Vagrantweb have been hurt financialy by this (by both lost business and just the massive amounts of time spent over the last few days rebuilding all of their clients' websites via backups).

Well anyway until this mess is for sure over I'm going to be cross-posting all of my blog posts both here and at my alternate blogger.com-powered blog JMBzine.blogspot.com (regular readers are encouraged to bookmark that URL)
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger