<$BlogRSDURL$>
JMBzine - Temporary Blog
Friday, November 26, 2004
 
Supreme Court to hear Medical Marijuana case
  • AP/MSNBC: Supreme Court to weigh medical marijuana ---Case to determine whether states have right to adopt such laws

    Here's one part of the story that was particularly interesting...

      Even some states without medical marijuana laws have criticized the federal government’s position. Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi told the court they “support their neighbors’ prerogative in our federalist system to serve as laboratories for experimentation.”


    I'm not too surprised to see these southern states stand up for states' rights, but I am suprised to see them be consistent about it in light of medical marijuana case. So many conservatives are so selective on whether they believe in federalism or not (I.e. gay marriage). I'm glad to see these AG's are consistent at least in this case.

    (On a sidenote, the lawyer arguing for the plaintiff in this case spoke at OCU lately. I didn't get to attend unfortunately but the reports I heard on it were that he was very solid.
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    Powered by Blogger