<$BlogRSDURL$>
JMBzine - Temporary Blog
Friday, August 26, 2005
 
Website frustrations

Well I'm not going into detail here, but I have decided to make a change on my blog's hosting/program situation.

It will be a few days before everything is ready and live at JMBzine.com, but for now here are a few links...

  • The new JMBzine - using Wordpress as the machinery behind the curtain (lots to do here)

  • The old JMBzine as of yesterday - this is an archive I created using a program called WinHTTtrack. The archive is not d-base driven (rather an html-ized version of the old website created by this program), so many of the features of the old website won't work - search, comments, etc. However it is a good way to access the old content for the time being until such time as I can get the old d-base converted to wordpress or some other format.

    As far as my old host goes, I have no hard feelings towards them. They are a good company that treats folks well. In my case though (probably atypical due to the number of websites I host these days), I wasn't getting what I needed so that's why I made the change to nearlyfreespeech.net (which will work well as long as my bandwidth stays like it is now---around 2 GB per month)
  • Comments:
    man this is great because now you will finally have RSS so I can syndicate you in my RSS news reader.

    If you want I would be happy to help with the graphics on your blog.
     
    Post a Comment

    Powered by Blogger